Balcony visitors

by - October 14, 2018


I love birds, as long as a) they're not pigeons, and b) they don't poop on me.

We are really lucky to have so many beautiful birds on the housing complex: many magpies, jackdaws and sparrows, and the occasional blue tit. I also saw a spotted nutcracker for the first time last week - I walk extra slowly around past that tree now, in the hopes of catching another peek. On the way to buy groceries a few days ago, I also saw a crow/raven (I can never tell them apart) and it was honest as big as a chicken. Absolute whopper of a bird, and beautiful black glossy feathers that I couldn't take my eyes off.

On our big trip to Plantasjen, when R took me to buy plants for the house, I whined my way into getting a bird feeder for the balcony and some suet balls.

We are mainly visited by magpies, with an occasional appearance from a juvenile blue tit. One of my favourite things to do is sit by the window in the morning, and just look at the birds.

Here are some of my favourite photos I took.











You May Also Like

0 comments